About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a 42 year old Christian, wife, mother and friend to some pretty amazing people, if I do say so myself. ;) I'm a Writer, thus the reason I am here. Writing is my passion, closely followed by my love for music and Scrapbooking. What makes me tick, so to speak, is my love for people and I thrive in an environment when I'm able to exhibit that. If I write a blog that touches just one person's heart or allows them to identify with someone or makes them smile- that is what I'm in it for. That makes me happy. My God is the MOST important thing in my life- period. My husband and my children come next to that and all the other aspects of my life fall in line with that. :)

Friday, August 14, 2009

Today's Visit



I know- I'm late on this one. But because of the 24 hour period thing, I couldn't go back to the hospital until 3:30 today and then I got home and was messing with the computer (some memory issue- who knows?) and then I was just tired so I took a nap. I didn't have a nap but just once once or twice while I was on va-ca the past 2 weeks so between that and all the running around the last few days, I'm just whooped! On to the appt...

Ok, here's where the medical community really frustrates me! Yesterday, they told me to come back today, bring my 24 hour *stuff*, get poked again for another test (the one I said they determined at the last minute yesterday) AND drink the yummy orange stuff in a bottle (not!) for the diabetes test. So considering they didn't give me the 24 hour thing until around 2:30pm and it was 3:30pm by the time I got home- would the logical conclusion NOT be that it would be past 12pm today when I took it back to the hospital?? Would you think they might- at that time- TELL me that they CLOSE on Fridays at 12pm? Ya', not so much! I was not a happy camper going all the way back to the hospital for the 2nd day in a row anyway (after being there for 5 hours yesterday and considering I am supposed to be at the point in this pregnancy where I only go once a month!), but was obviously willing to do it and get the stuff done. They just don't seem to think about people's time, having to pay for parking, gas, etc. It's frustrating!

So I was at least able to turn the 24 hour thing in, get poked for my other test (which took all of about 2 seconds and 1 itty tube of blood compared to the 8 big ones of yesterday) and turn in my pre-admin paperwork to the hospital so at least it wasn't a completely wasted trip. But they will just have to wait for me to do the diabetes test until I go back in 2 weeks. So there. lol

I have to say- as much as I DETEST needles and have to psyche myself out everytime I have to give blood or get a shot,etc.- these people really seem to know what they're doing. Both yesterday and today, it hurt very little. I was scared when she wanted to poke the same arm today as yesterday, but I also didn't want to have TWO sore arms as opposed to one so I let her. I typically bruise very badly just in general and very often where I get blood drawn from so I expected bruising today, but there was very little. And neither of them had to poke me more than once, which is odd for me. I have one major vein that they always want to hit, but I always tell them- I've been told it *rolls* so it LOOKS like it's an easy target, but it will fool you once you're in there! So they usually have to end up digging around for it, which is where my hate for the whole process comes in! That crap HURTS! And I nearly pass out everytime. So then they end up having to try and find another vein which is- apparently- easier said than done. Anywho- all that to say that these ladies are apparently very skilled at what they're doing and none of that was necessary. I'm assuming it must be that because I doubt my veins have just suddenly changed somehow after 39 years of life. ;)

One thing I forgot to mention yesterday... during the sono yesterday, the Dr. found a *mass* that appeared to be on the inside of my uterine wall. She concluded that it is *probably* a fibroid tumor and should be fine. Perhaps this is what's been causing the pain to my lower left side that I've mentioned. If not that, I don't know what it would be. Either way, she said we'd just "watch it and see what it does" over the next several months. She didn't seem to think it would be a problem nor do I. More of a problem might be the lack of water in there. J-bug needs room to swim! And right now, my water is just barely enough for her size. All my research showed that this week would show a growth spurt for her and it was right! My little *avocado* sized J-bug is filling out that space rather nicely now as opposed to 3 weeks ago. :) It also said I would have a growth spurt as well. Yeah- could've done without THAT one! lol

Guess that's it for now. Will keep you updated!

be blessed...

Melanie & my little *peanut*, J-bug ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment