About Me

My photo
Hi! I'm a 42 year old Christian, wife, mother and friend to some pretty amazing people, if I do say so myself. ;) I'm a Writer, thus the reason I am here. Writing is my passion, closely followed by my love for music and Scrapbooking. What makes me tick, so to speak, is my love for people and I thrive in an environment when I'm able to exhibit that. If I write a blog that touches just one person's heart or allows them to identify with someone or makes them smile- that is what I'm in it for. That makes me happy. My God is the MOST important thing in my life- period. My husband and my children come next to that and all the other aspects of my life fall in line with that. :)

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Interesting Cuteness!

Random Trivia

1. More people are killed annually by donkeys than die in air crashes.

2. The term, "It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye" is from Ancient Rome. The only rule during wrestling matches was, "No eye gouging." Everything else was allowed, but the only way to bedisqualified was to poke someone's eye out.

3. A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.

4. The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.

5. Hershey's Kisses are called that because the machine that makes them looks like it's kissing the conveyor belt.

6. Money isn't made out of paper, it's made out of cotton.

7. Every time you lick a stamp, you're consuming 1/10 of a calorie.

8. Coca-Cola was originally green.

9. The first couple to be shown in bed together on prime time television were Fred and Wilma Flintstone.

10. The phrase "rule of thumb" is derived from an old English law which stated that you couldn't beat your wife with anything wider than your thumb.




What Does Love Mean?


1. "Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well." Tommy - age 6

2. "During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared.looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling. He was the only one doing that. I wasn't scared anymore." Cindy - age 8

3. "My mommy loves me more than anybody. You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night." Clare - age 6

4. "Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken." Elaine - age 5

5. "Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford." Chris - age 7

6. "Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day." Mary Ann - age 4

7. "I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." Lauren - age 4

8. "When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you." (what an image) Karen - age 7

9. "You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot. People forget." Jessica - age 8




No comments:

Post a Comment